The dedicated members of the Auxiliary of East Georgia Regional Medical Center volunteer their time and talents throughout the hospital. They help support our high standards of patient care, bring comfort and cheer to patients and family, perform tasks that lighten the load of hospital staff, and enable the hospital to provide additional services. The pink uniforms of our ladies and red jackets of our gentlemen can identify our Auxiliary members.
Some of the services performed by our Auxiliary include:
- Delivery of mail to patients and hospital departments.
- Delivery of flowers, balloons, and gifts to patient.
- Staffing of information desks.
- Visitation services in patient areas.
- Assisting families of surgical patients.
- Providing clerical support to patient units or hospital departments.
Join the Auxiliary
For information on joining the Auxiliary, contact the Volunteer Services office at (912) 486-1575 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. We will be happy to discuss how you can help others by becoming a part of the Auxiliary. Areas of service for volunteers keep growing, and we need more volunteers. You will be asked to volunteer only four hours of your time each week, but you are welcome to volunteer more. Join us and share the rewards of giving to others!