When a patient comes to the hospital with stroke symptoms, it’s crucial to make a proper diagnosis quickly in order to begin treatment to minimize the effects of a stroke. East Georgia Regional Medical Center’s stroke care team delivers potentially life-saving care for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes.
At East Georgia Regional Medical Center, you can count on:
- Speed – Treatments given during the first three hours after a stroke can greatly reduce or even reverse the effects of stroke, so our stroke care professionals are ready to jump into action immediately.
- Knowledge East Georgia Regional Medical Center's doctors, nurses, emergency professionals and other specialists meet high educational standards, and are specially trained to identify stroke symptoms and administer treatments.
- Technology – East Georgia Regional Medical Center's stroke care team utilizes advanced testing and imaging technology, allowing them to identify the type of stroke within minutes so they are able to begin treatment. Our 64-slice CT scanner provides the necessary speed and resolution required for rapid imaging of blood vessels in the brain, so doctors can begin treatment as quickly as possible.
Our highly trained stroke care team delivers potentially life-saving care for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, and can perform minimally invasive treatment options, such as:
- Angioplasty and stent placement to open blocked arteries and veins
- Embolizing agents (clotting medications) delivered by catheter to stop blood flow resulting from hemorrhagic strokes
- Thrombolitic therapy deliver clot-dissolving medicine to treat ischemic strokes
- Minimally invasive surgery to remove a clot, or repair arteries and veins
Following a stoke, our rehabilitation care is there to help individuals regain their independence. East Georgia Regional Medical Center’s multidisciplinary rehabilitation team provides caring, personalized assistance to help patients meet their goals.